We are seeking a Suburban Zoning and Land Use associate with at least 3 years of experience on zoning and land use matters to join the largest and strongest practice in the region.
Applicants should have experience representing clients before zoning hearing boards, planning commissions and governing bodies in MPC jurisdictions.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Experience preparing zoning hearing board and land development applications.
- Experience drafting zoning and subdivision/land development ordinance amendments.
- Experience preparing and negotiating development agreements and related ancillary development documents.
- Prior municipal or authority solicitor experience is a plus but not required.
Candidates should also have the following characteristics:
- Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. or equivalent degree from a well-respected U.S. law school.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to respond productively to direction and feedback and to work well with staff and leadership.
- Be proactive and self-starting.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, manage work-flow priorities and meet deadlines.
- Be a team player – be collaborative and work with a spirit of camaraderie.
- Outstanding attention to accuracy and detail and commitment to work product that is thorough, complete and excellent.
- Admitted to PA Bar or will take Bar exam promptly after starting.
Klehr Harrison is an equal opportunity employer and proudly embraces diversity in all of its manifestations, including but not limited to those based on minority status, gender, disability, veteran status and sexual orientation.
Click “Apply Now” to submit your resume and a cover letter to the firm’s Hiring Partner, Douglas F. Schleicher, or send them by mail to 1835 Market Street, Suite 1400, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103. We hope you consider joining us.