Alex focuses her practice on many aspects of commercial real estate and investment. She has extensive experience representing owners, developers, investors and lenders in the origination, acquisition and disposition (including securitization and syndication) of mortgage loans, mezzanine financings and subordinate debt, post-closing modifications and loan sales and purchases involving various asset classes including retail, office, warehouse, hospitality and condominium properties. In addition, Alex has significant experience with construction financing and ground lease transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Alex worked in the Philadelphia office of a large international law firm in their global finance practice.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Lead Articles Editor of The Tax Lawyer
Emory University, B.A.
News & Events
- Represented global banks, as co-lenders, in connection with the origination, securitization and syndication of approximately $8.5 billion financing secured by 288 industrial and warehouse properties and 23 office properties in 26 states.
- Represented lenders in connection with the origination and securitization of a mortgage loan in the amount of $1.35 billion financing secured by over 30 retail properties located in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Represented global banks, as co-lenders, in connection with the origination and securitization of $3.95 billion financing secured by 349 industrial properties in 18 states.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with the origination of a construction mezzanine loan secured indirectly by a development project located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Represented global banks, as co-lenders, in connection with the origination of a $3 billion mortgage loan sale-leaseback financing secured by casinos in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented lenders in connection with the origination and disposition (including securitization) of a mortgage loan and mezzanine loan in the aggregate amount of approximately $370 million secured by the ground lease on an office building in New York, New York.