Catherine focuses her practice on securities litigation, complex commercial litigation, internal investigations and business disputes as well as conducting investigations in highly regulated industries. She is a complex civil litigator, with particular experience in corporate governance disputes and financial services litigation. She participates in and supervises all aspects of discovery, pretrial case preparation, trial and appellate work in state and federal courts. In addition, she has significant experience in the Delaware courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Catherine was a litigator in the Philadelphia office of a large international law firm. She also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Columbia Journal of Asian Law, Editor in Chief
The University of Chicago, B.A
News & Events
Presenter, “Ethics and Cybersecurity: What In-House Counsel Should Know,” Association of Corporate Counsel of Greater Philadelphia, April 2023
- Obtained dismissal of excessive fee lawsuit brought under the Investment Company Act of 1940 against leading investment adviser without payment of compensation after producing relevant Board materials showing the strength of defendants’ position.
- Obtained decisive post-trial ruling in favor of investment adviser to underperforming fund in multi-million dollar excessive fee litigation under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Reached favorable settlement of state court securities fraud class action brought under the Securities Act of 1933 against one of the largest asset managers in the world alleging failure to disclose change in strategy for mutual fund.
- Secured favorable settlement for an international paint and building materials supplier in multi-million dollar securities litigation brought under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 arising out of restatement of financials and firing of company CFO in connection therewith.
- Served as second chair trial counsel in litigation concerning a lease for commercial real estate in Center City Philadelphia; case settled on favorable terms prior to issuance of a verdict.
- Represented board of directors of small community bank in appeal from adverse trial court ruling with respect to alleged board entrenchment actions.
- Represented large national defense contractor defending against False Claims Act claim brought by the federal government arising out of performance of contract during the Iraq war.
- Represented Fortune 10 company in years-long government investigation involving distribution of controlled substances.
- Assisted defense of multiple securities fraud cases brought under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 against credit card issuer in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
- Represented investment adviser to closed-end fund in breach of fiduciary duty litigation arising out of energy market disruption in early 2020 and resultant fund losses.
- Obtained summary judgment in defamation lawsuit brought by former college president against former director of the FBI following issuance of investigatory report drawing conclusions regarding president’s knowledge of sexual abuse on campus.
- Achieved summary judgment for large law firm in legal malpractice lawsuit alleging failure to adequately document security interest in connection with loan agreement.
- Obtained favorable settlement for AmLaw 100 law firm in legal malpractice lawsuit alleging misuse of confidential information following depositions establishing the strength of defendants’ position.