Josh focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. He has represented clients from various industries in matters, including contract and business tort, securities fraud, drug product liability, professional liability, consumer fraud, and TCPA individual and class actions in state and federal courts across the United States. He has experience in all aspects of litigation, including pre-litigation counseling, dispositive motion practice, crafting litigation strategy, discovery, witness preparation, and trial and post-trial motion practice. Josh also has experience with white collar defense litigation, including False Claims Act, FCPA and pay-to-play matters and has counseled clients during internal and government investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Joshua was a litigation associate with an AmLaw200 firm in Philadelphia.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- Journal of International Law, Associate Editor
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
Board Member, Father Judge High School
- Representation of an industry-leading special servicing company in complex commercial real estate litigation involving multiple developers of high-visibility downtown property and the City of Charleston, West Virginia.
- Representation of a national jewelry retailer and leveraged motion for judgment on the pleadings to obtain voluntary dismissal with prejudice of claim for violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Defended a venture capital funded digital advertising company and obtained a favorable settlement in action for wrongful discharge and denial of severance brought by the company’s former chief revenue officer.
- Representation of an international restaurant chain and secured general contractor’s voluntary dismissal of claims with prejudice in litigation arising from the construction of a retail restaurant location in the East Falls section of Philadelphia.
- Representation of an international automobile company and obtained summary judgment on claims for violation of the New Jersey Lemon Law Act, New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, and federal Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.
- Defended national bank against claims under the Uniform Commercial Code and secured dismissal of the complaint with prejudice on motion to dismiss.
- Representation of an industry-leading mobile banking services provider and developed creative defense strategy leading to the plaintiff’s early voluntary dismissal of all claims with prejudice.
- Representation of an industry-leading special servicing company and won summary judgment against guarantors of multi-million dollar commercial loan for violation of the non-recourse exceptions in the loan agreement.
- Representation of a nationwide insurance company and secured low-value settlement following briefing of motion to dismiss in a putative class action for violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Secured landmark class-action settlement on behalf of visually impaired, low-income residents of New York City in action for violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.