Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality
For more information, please contact:
We provide transactional and general business counseling services to retail businesses, restaurants and hotels nationwide.
Our attorneys have a wide range of experience in these industries representing owners, developers and investors; restaurant and hotel operators; and vendors servicing these industries. We represent retail businesses ranging in size from small family-owned companies to publicly-traded multinational corporations. We have a broad knowledge of the standard practices of the retail, restaurant and hospitality industries, the legal issues associated with them, and a wide range of solutions available to address those issues. Our attorneys have also provided much-needed guidance and advice to our clients in the retail, restaurant and hospitality industries in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our experience and capabilities include the following:
- General business and corporate
- Finance (including debt and equity offerings)
- Licensing and franchising
- Employment and labor (including employment agreements and union negotiations)
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and land use
- Litigation (including contract disputes)
- Government regulatory matters
- Tax (including planning, structuring and disputes)
- COVID-19 response (including Paycheck Protection Program and health and safety guidance)
- Represented a restaurant management company in the purchase of commercial property in Pennsylvania, the negotiation of loan for the purchase of the land and the development of a restaurant at the location and a private offering of securities to investors to raise funds in connection with the development of the restaurant.
- Represented a restaurant management company in the negotiation of a management agreement for the development of a restaurant on a college campus.
- Represented a bar/restaurant in connection with its private offering of securities to investors and in connection with its receipt of financing from a quasi-governmental entity.
- Represented a restaurant investor group in several restaurant investments in connection with private offerings of securities to investors.
- Represented a restaurant group in general business and legal matters in connection with new restaurant opportunities and related fundraising.
- Represented a private equity fund in structuring the purchase and redevelopment of a hotel through a mix of equity and debt financing.
Retail clients include:
- Five Below
- TowerStar Pets
- Thomas Foods International
Restaurant clients include:
- Zavino Hospitality Group – operator of:
- Zavino in Center City Philadelphia
- Zavino in University City Philadelphia
- Tredici Enoteca in Center City Philadelphia
- The Reflectory at Villanova University
- Schulson Collective – operator of the following Philadelphia restaurants:
- Harp & Crown
- Giuseppe & Sons
- Independence Beer Garden
- Double Knot
- Alpen Rose
- 13th Street Kitchens – operator of the following Philadelphia restaurants:
- Café Lift
- Prohibition Taproom
- Kensington Quarters
- KQ Burger
- La Chinesca
- Little Sister
- Misconduct in Center City Philadelphia (both locations)
- Rouge in Center City Philadelphia
- Duggan’s Pub in Philadelphia (all locations)
Hotel clients include:
- Homewood Suites University City in Philadelphia
- Hotel Phillips in Kansas City, MO
- Embassy Suites in Memphis, TN