We routinely structure, draft and negotiate commercial leases and provide general leasing advice throughout the full leasing life cycle for both landlords and tenants across varying property categories, including retail, office and industrial, nationwide.
We are adept with various lease forms and hot-button issues for an ever-expanding list of regional, national and international tenants and landlords. Retail saw a decline due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we successfully navigated issues of force majeure, supply chain constraints for build-outs of leased space, and related lease disputes and litigation. Now, as we face a rebound in the retail space, we are well-positioned to guide clients and minimize future risks.
Our leasing experience includes:
- Negotiating space leases
- Build-to-suit leases
- Financeable ground leases
- Sale-leaseback transactions
- Representation of the owner of a 700,000-square-foot office/data center (that is leased entirely to a Fortune 50 U.S. bank and serves as one of three global command centers) in connection with the settlement of a lease renewal dispute with the tenant.
- Representation of a joint venture in the purchase and leaseback of three properties in two states aggregating ~100 acres and 625,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space from a subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company.
- Representation of a national gym chain in the 10 yr. initial term lease agreement for a 51,473 sq. ft. location in New York, NY.
- Representation of our client in a deal where our client leased a portion of a building in New Castle, DE and exercised its purchase option under its lease.
- Representation of three new lease matters relating to the redevelopment and re-leasing of a retail site in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Representation of our client in the negotiation of a multimillion-dollar lease for the construction of a new 47,000 sq. ft. supermarket in Jupiter, FL.