Our attorneys guide statutory and ad hoc committees through all aspects of the chapter 11 process, analyzing the debtor's financing and restructuring strategy, valuing the debtor and its assets, investigating and prosecuting bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy causes of action, and maximizing the return to unsecured creditors.
Our attorneys guide statutory and ad hoc committees (secured or undersecured lenders, equity-holders, noteholders and trade creditors) through all aspects of the Chapter 11 process. This includes analyzing the debtor’s financing and restructuring strategy, valuing the debtor and its assets, investigating and prosecuting bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy causes of action, and maximizing the return to unsecured creditors.
Serving as counsel to the official committee of unsecured creditors in a Chapter 11 proceeding requires a practical, results-oriented approach informed by a deep understanding of the concerns of unsecured creditors. Our depth of experience in all aspects of Chapter 11 and our strong record of success gives us the ability to meet these demands. As creditors’ committee representation spans into other areas of expertise, our attorneys leverage our other skilled practice areas such as litigation, tax and employment.
Additional areas of service:
- Bankruptcy investigations and examiner representation.
- Chapter 11 debtor and trustee representation.
- Complex loan restructurings.
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings.
- Lender liability.
- Litigation and disputes.
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans.
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, debt and portfolios.
- Valuation and solvency proceeding.
Select Representative Matters
- Co-counsel with an AmLaw 100 firm for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Achaogen, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative antibiotic treatments against multi-drug resistant infections. This resulted in a joint confirmed Chapter 11 plan.
- Counsel to the official committee of unsecured creditors of HRI Holdings Corp., the owner and operator of 47 Houlihan’s Restaurants in 14 states. Successful sale approved and working on Chapter 11 liquidating plan with the Debtors.
- Counsel to the unsecured creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 case of Novum Pharma LLC, a manufacturer and distributor of dermatological products.
- Co-counsel to the official committee of unsecured creditors of one of the largest U.S. apparel manufacturers, American Apparel Inc., with a vertically integrated retail and wholesale component
- Counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee of an industrial manufacturer in Chapter 11 case involving channeling injunction related to trichloroethylene contamination.
- Counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee in leading personal electronics, computer and mobile phone retailer.
- Co-counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee of a leading manufacturer of specialty and coated paper company.
- Co-counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee of leading denim product and fashion apparel company.